Black Quinoa: 8 beneficial health properties
Being called nothing short as the “Golden Grain” by ancient Incas, black quinoa, together with potatoes and corn, was included nicely to their three superfoods. This buckwheat-prototype tended to occur most frequently in the diets of vegetarians. You’ll agree that this is the strongest argument of its incredible benefits! So, let’s find out a more detailed ground for choosing a particular product.
1. Digestible and nourishing
Upon its composition and digestion degree, nutritionists equate quinoa to mother’s milk. They consider this ingredient as the number-one diet product in gluten-free, high-protein, and paleo diets. Indispensable food for people with allergies.
The calorie content of quinoa stands at 368 kcal per 100 g uncooked, and 120 kcal per 100 g prepared. It turns out that pseudo cereal is highly nutritious. By a significant number of minerals in composition, especially calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, copper, and manganese, quinoa compares favorably with other cereals.
Quinoa grain is rich in fiber, fats, and comparable to natural whole milk upon the quality of animal protein. It has a fairly high content of proteins, amino acids, including lysine, which facilitates the calcium assimilability and helps strengthen bone tissue. It also has a low glycemic index and dietary fibres, which, when digested, give a long feeling of satiety.
2. High flavonoids content
Vitamins and minerals are not the only reasons why quinoa is considered to be a healthy product. Quercetin and kaempferol are also found in a large amount. This matter has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-cancer properties, and also affect as antidepressants.
3. Get the toxins out of your body
One of the super-pros is hidden in fiber. It’s needed for everyone who suffers from a heart condition, diabetes, and overweight. Fiber helps to remove toxins and hazardous substances, such as cholesterol. Absorbing and softly removing decay products, salts of heavy metals and other harmful substances, it thereby cleanses the gastrointestinal tract, stimulating digestion and normalizing the intestinal microflora.
By including the best quinoa recipes into your diet daily, you’ll get rid of constipation, heaviness in the stomach, and flatulence.
4. Safe for people with any form of gluten intolerance
Slightly crispy, with a nutty after-taste, quinoa is a very delicious product for people who have to refuse junk and healthy foods that contain gluten. Quinoa is used for most types of gluten-free pasta, bread, etc. Flour products on this basis are incredibly tasty, and most importantly, not causing harm to health.
5. Protein-rich product
The content of quinoa vegetable protein includes a full set of all the essential amino acids that are not synthesized by our body and thus must come with food. For this reason, quinoa is called the ideal food for vegetarians. You can find here a goldmine of quinoa vegan recipes https://healthydish.club/quinoa_salad_with_avocado_and_dried_fruits.
But at the same time, quinoa vegetable protein can’t equate the benefits of animal protein.
The case is that quinoa does not contain essential amino acids in the amount necessary for the normal functioning of the body. Thus in today’s world, animal protein is the only complete source of essential acids for people. However, the daily eating of quinoa can be an excellent help for those who need protein-rich diets.
6. Indispensable to diabetics
This disease requires very serious attention and control of blood sugar levels within the normal range. Quinoa is a very healthy and nutritious product, able to make the life of diabetics much easier. The fascinating product helps lower blood cholesterol and glucose.
Depending on the cereal type, the glycemic index varies from 35-53.
7. Positively affects the metabolism
Metabolism improves by lowering blood sugar. For this reason, quinoa is used in paleo-diet and other modern ones. The chain of process works so that increased metabolism contributes to easy weight loss, without limiting yourself to delicious food.
Using quinoa as ingredients on a regular basis improves overall health. You’ll be in a good mood more frequently, feel more energy, become more productive.
8. Wealth of antioxidants
Sprouted seeds are frequently added quinoa salad recipes. They especially help fight inflammation and the premature aging process. It saturates nicely, but at the same time, removes toxic substances from the body and strengthens the immune system. Thus, quinoa can be safely called the key to health and youth.
Some tips for storage and preparation:
1. Since you can find quinoa sold in packages and separately by weight, it’s important to choose a transparent package, so to consider the product condition. Any impurities are forbidden. It should have a solid color and texture. The product sold by weight must be dry and clean. Pour the purchased product into a glass or ceramic jar with a dense cover.
2. Rinse thoroughly before boiling. The outer shells contain saponin that may impart a bitter taste. This is particularly true for dark quinoa shells. Moreover, there is a perception that saponin negatively affected the intestinal mucosa. So quinoa is best to cook when rinsed well.
3. Boil in water twice the amount of cereal, no salt.
4. Each type of quinoa differs by cooking time. Around 15 minutes will be needed to prepare white quinoa, 20 mins for red, and a little bit more for black. The process is just like cooking buckwheat: cover and cook over medium heat, lower the heat as the moisture evaporates by boiling.
5. Cool, separately add extra virgin olive oil or any other to your taste.
6. The last but not the least, both cooked and germinated quinoa are perfectly compatible with fresh vegetables, so definitely try easy quinoa salad https://healthydish.club/quinoa_salad recipes from our proven collection!