Everything You Need to Know Before Buying an Innerspring Mattress
Innerspring mattresses have been available since the early 1900’s. And while it is considered the traditional type, it continues to have its magic just like when it was first introduced. This may be related to the fact that manufacturers have continuously and tirelessly brought innovations and changes that allowed this mattress to compete with the newer options.
If you want to learn more about innerspring mattresses, then continue reading. We will be discussing everything you need to know about it to help you determine if it is what you really need.
• When it was first introduced, the thickness of the mattress were between 6 to 8 inches. As time went by, manufacturers added in their own take on the structure by incorporating their own innovations. Today, innerspring mattresses are usually around 11 to 15 inches. You can choose the thickness depending on your preference. Don’t hesitate to ask the seller about this and test how you feel when lying on the mattresses you are eyeing to buy.
• Just like what we have mentioned earlier, many innovations have been introduced in the past decades. As for the innerspring, one of the technologies used is called the “pocketed coil” system. It is preferred by a lot of people because it has been proven to help reduce pressure points by distributing your weight evenly. This, of course, is important; to achieve a good night’s sleep. In addition, it also boasts minimal motion transfer. This means that unlike other innerspring mattresses, it is not that bouncy. Because of this, you will not be disturbed if your partner is tossing and turning throughout the night. Apart from that, if you already have too firmed mattress and often feels uncomfortable, you should get a topper. A good topper may reduce the risk of back pain and helps to add extra plush to your existing mattress. mattresspicks has reviewed some cool items to let you be selective about pressure points security and back pain
• Check out what warranty the seller offers. It is easy to be enticed by various features and gimmicks, but you need to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth. If the company has a good warranty program in place, this means that they really care about their customers. Some even offer a free try-out period wherein you can test your compatibility with the mattress within a designated amount of time.
• Ask about hybrid products. With the advent of technology, manufacturers have become more creative in introducing new innovations without abandoning the innerspring aspect of the mattress. Basically, innerspring feature is combined with various materials to ensure that it will cater to specific needs of various people. For example, some may use, foam, springs, coils and latex in just one mattress.
• Inquire about the coil count. Even if more coils do not necessarily mean a better mattress, it is still best to ask to have an idea. Generally, the higher the coil count, the firmer the mattress will be. According to experts, the best bed should neither be too soft or too firm.
• There are various coil types available for you to choose from. First is Bonelly coil, which is usually cheaper. The problem with this is that it is not very durable. It can usually last around 5 years at most. Next one is Continuous coil type, which is also very affordable. Despite of the price, it can provide good support. The down side to choosing this is that your bed will not have the ability to contour well to your body. For those with extra budget to spare, you can choose those with Offset coils.
• If comfort is your top priority, then you should ask about innerspring mattresses that are made with Microcoils. They are very popular because they are not only known for durability, but also elasticity. This type also offers more pressure relief. This may be a little more expensive, but it is way cheaper compared to foam and latex mattresses.
Even if innerspring mattresses have been around for ages, it is not surprising anymore that they were able to stand the tests of time. With innovations and new technologies, the traditional type of mattress is still one of the most reliable today. The amazing developments, made possible by mattress manufacturers, is a reminder that there will always be a place for the old, but very loved innerspring mattress.
Hopefully, you will be able to use this article to guide you in your mattress shopping. Good luck!