Chocolate Pinata Cake Recipe
We all love keeping up with the trends; it is just a thing that makes us happy. In this new era, we all wanna do and have stuff that is instagramable, be it the places we visit, things we shop or food we eat, everything goes straight to our story for the world to see. Now a new type of cake is in the trends that took the internet by storm and for all the right reasons! Known by the name of Pinata Cake, This cake is extremely fun, extravagantly great looking and oh-so-tasty to eat, it has everything you want in a cake and a lot more. With thousands of pictures posted online, this cake has become the talk of the hour. So, for all the sweet toothers and trendsetters, here I am sharing the recipe of this wonderful cake in the flavor that no one can resist, Chocolate! Read on and follow the steps.
Prep Time: 20 Mins. Baking time: 30-35 Mins. Ready in: 55 mins to 1 h.
Servings: 5 to 7 delicious servings.
For this fantastic Chocolate Pinata Cake recipe, the ingredients needed are:
❖ For the hard outer shell
● A significantly big mould in any shape you like (I prefer a heart).
● 200 gm of dark chocolate compound
● 200 gm of milk chocolate compound
● Some chocolate and rainbow sprinkles for the decoration
❖ For the inside cake
● One cup all-purpose flour
● 2 or 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
● Half cup powdered sugar
● One tablespoon of baking powder
● Half tablespoon of baking soda (do not confuse the two)
● A pinch of salt- not according to your taste
● Half tablespoon of vanilla essence for that magical, inviting aroma.
● One cup milk
● ¼ cup oil
● Two to three tablespoons of curd
Now that you have all the ingredients, pat yourself on the back for doing the mere minimum and get to work:
● First thing first, to make the main part of the cake, the hardcover that everyone loves smashing, melt both the compounds together with a double boiler or in a microwave in regular intervals of 20 to 30 seconds. The point of mixing two types of chocolate compounds is to balance the taste as kinda bittersweet, but if you can change the ratio to 300: 100 gm on either side according to your liking and preference.
● After melting the chocolate, take the big mold and put some sprinklers in it so that they are visible on top and pour in around 100 gm of chocolate in the mold and swirl it around, remember that the chocolate must cover the entire mold and take a bowl-like shape.
● Once done, keep the bowl in the refrigerator for about five to eight minutes to harden completely. After you are sure that the chocolate is hard enough, pour the residual chocolate into the same mold and repeat the process to solidifies the shell further, and your cake will be in place until someone ruins it on purpose. After ten minutes of refrigeration, bring it out and pull the shell out of the mold very carefully.
● Now that the hard part is done, for the inside crumbling cake, take flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big bowl. Mix them all together and add in powdered sugar while mixing.
● Once done, add some milk, oil, curd and vanilla essence into the mix and whisk with all your might so that the batter is absolutely smooth and lump-free. After whisking, put the batter aside for four to five minutes and prepare the cake baking tray.
● Take the tray and butter it up from all the corners and edges. The reason is to save the cake from sticking to the tray. After all the buttering, pour the batter into the tray and put it in the microwave for about 30 to 35 minutes. To check if the cake is made or not, take a toothpick and stick it into the cake; if it comes out clean, you are good to go.
● For the final step, after your cake is made, take the cake out on a serving plate and cover it with the pinata shell you made earlier with great care and voila! Your pinata cake is ready to be served.
Pro tip- If you are making this cake as a surprise for someone, I strongly recommend that you put in some extra things inside the shell-like some extra chocolates, some strawberries or even a tiny present, this will make this surprise extra special.
Pinata cakes are all the rage right now, and we all know why. The cake is so much fun that it's really hard to say no to it. You can either make the cake yourself or buy it off the market; it is available at every Online Cake delivery and hundreds of other cities. Whichever option you go for, you will definitely receive tons of compliments for your choice.