Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread muffins – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1 lb of Chorizo sausage
- 1 medium Spanish Sausage – thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks – thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of scallions – sliced
- 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1.5 cups of Chicken stock
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the cubed cornbread muffins into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Heat a frying pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in medium heat. Take the chorizo out of it’s casing and fry them in the pan for about 3-5 minutes, until some of the edges get brown.
Add the scallions, onions and celery and toss together with the chorizo for a couple minutes, until the vegetables get tender. Gently put the chorizo mixture in the bowl with the cornbread.
In the large mixing bowl with cornbread and chorizo mixture. Add the roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock as well.
With your hands or a rubber spatula, gently mix the ingredients together and place in greased baking pan.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, uncovered.