Coconut Apricot Granola #cookmore
Granola is a breakfast staple for many families. And for those of you who frequently buy granola from the grocery store, you know how expensive each box is...very!
So here is a very simple Coconut Apricot Granola recipe that you should try at home. Once you make this recipe and learn the basics, you can easily add ingredients to your choosing or what's in season.
What's your favorite kind of granola?
- 2 cups of rolled oats (NOT quick cook)
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of raw slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of dried apricots – roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Mix all of the ingredients together and spread it on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Keep a constant eye on the granola in the oven and make sure all it doesn’t burn. Let cool and store in an air tight container.