Fresh Watermelon Milk Tea Boba
Fresh Watermelon Milk Tea Boba Drink recipe by Momma Cuisine
Over the past few years, boba or pearl drinks have become all the rage in Asian and Asian-inspired restaurants all over the country. Invented in Taiwanese tea shops in the 80's, boba milk tea has a simple black tea base, that can be substituted with your favorite tea of choice and mixed with fruit and condensed milk, or honey.
Black tapioca pearls at the bottom makes this drink a filling snack and these days, are so hundreds of variations of boba drinks. From fruit based, milk tea based, and like this recipe, a hybrid of both.
This recipe for Fresh Watermelon Milk Tea Boba Drink recipe is fun for kids and adults alike, and especially fun for gatherings!
- 5 cups of chopped watermelon, blended until smooth
- 1 cup of dried boba
- 4 cups of water
- 5 cups of black tea, luke warm
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and the boba. Boil until the boba has plumped up and has a soft interior.
- Take the boba out of the water and let cool with some of the water it was boiled in, to prevent them from sticking.
- In a large pitcher, mix the blended watermelon juice, black tea and condensed milk and stir until the milk has incorporated fully with the tea and juice.
- Take a tall glass and add 1/4 cup of boba on the bottom. Fill with ice and top with Fresh Watermelon Milk Tea and serve.