Orange Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Heat a wok or a large skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
Add the onion and saute for about 1 minute to make the onions tender. Then, add the sliced red bell peppers and saute for another minute. A garlic and ginger and toss again.
Add the shrimp and toss with the vegetables. Once the shrimp start to turn pink around the edges add the orange juice, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss.
Add the orange segments and snow peas and toss together until the snow peas turn bright green. Toss and add the sesame oil.
Toss and serve.