Kalbi Style Lettuce Wraps from James Beard Award Nominee, Kari Underly
Kalbi Style Lettuce Wraps from James Beard Award Winner, Kari Underly
James Beard Award nominee and female butcher, Kari Underly shares her recipe for a Korean favorite barbecue, in lettuce wraps.
See the full recipe in "Great Everyday Meals Magazine".
Kalbi-Style Lettuce Wraps
Kari Underly - Range® Inc.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Marination time: 1 to 24 hours
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. Beef Boneless short ribs or Boneless Beef Chuck Roast (under-blade) (partial frozen if cutting your self) or ask your butcher to cut thin across the grain.High heat cooking oil like sesame, coconut or grapeseed
- ¼ Cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar in the raw
- ½ Asian pear,grated or finally diced
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 Tablespoon Grated ginger, about inch to inch and half
- 2 Scallions, sliced thin (green and white portions)
- 1 Tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted sesame seeds
- Red Pepper flakes, (optional) to taste