Kale & Watercress Spring Rolls
- Dry rice paper
- 1 cup water
- 2 damp paper towels
- 3 cups watercress, washed and dried
- 3 cups baby kale, washed and dried
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 English cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
Put the water onto a baking sheet or cookie sheet. Take another cookie sheet and line it with damp paper towels.
Take a sheet of dry rice paper and dip it into the water bath. Gently wet both sides of the rice paper until it becomes soft and pliable. Then, gently pick up the rice paper sheet and place it on top of a clean surface.
Put 3 shrimp in the middle of the rice paper, topping with with watercress and a few leaves of baby kale. Add a couple matchsticks of cucumber and carrots, and about 1-2 slices of red onion.
Take the sides of the rice paper (left and right), and gently fold them in on top of your toppings. Then, using both hands, gently lift the edge of the rice paper closest to you and tightly roll it into a cigar shape.