Pan Roasted Corn Salsa
Salsa is a party favorite! This summer, why not get away from the norm and try a new spin in ingredients.
This recipe for Pan Roasted Corn Salsa take fresh ears of corn, cherry tomatoes and other salsa staples like fresh cilantro, Serrano pepper, red onion and lime juice and turns it into a sweeter salsa that is fantastic over grilled chicken breasts, seared fish and of course, your tortilla chips!
- 5 ears of fresh corn – cleaned and shucked
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 bunch cilantro – chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 1 Serrano pepper – de-veined and finely chopped
- 1 cup of red onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
Heat a large non-stick pan with olive oil, on medium-high heat.
Pan “roast” the corn with salt, tossing frequently until the kernels become golden and have the rich roasted color. Set aside to cool in a large mixing.
Slowly combine all the chopped cilantro, red onions, cherry tomatoes and Serrano pepper w/ the spices and lime juice.
Taste for flavor, cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.