Roasted Eggplant Salad w/ @Sabra Tuscan Herb Hummus Dressing
Hummus is a delicious Middle Eastern dip made with chickpeas, Tahini (sesame) paste, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Hummus is mostly eaten as a side and a dip to pita bread, chips or crackers, or raw vegetables.
In this recipe, I took some Tuscan Herb Hummus from Sabra and turned it into a dressing. That's right, a dressing!! Warm Roasted Eggplant Salad lightly dressed in this creamy Tuscan Herb Hummus Dressing really takes simple ingredients up a couple notches!
* This recipe was sponsored by Sabra Dipping Company
- 1/3 cup Sabra Tuscan Herb Hummus
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Italian parsley – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Eggplant Salad
- 1 Eggplant – sliced
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 beef tomato ( or 2 Roma tomatoes) – slice into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup white onions – thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley – roughly chopped
In a mixing bowl, whisk the hummus, red wine vinegar, parsley and olive oil together.
Can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
Head the oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly coat the eggplant with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Take the eggplant out of the oven once it’s softened and slightly browned. Let cool.
Once the eggplant has cooled, cut the sliced eggplant into halves. In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onions and parsley with the eggplant.
Drizzle with about 1/2 cup of the Sabra Tuscan Herb Hummus Dressing and gently toss. Serve at room temperature or cold.