Rotisserie Chicken Lemon Orzo Soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, no skin
- 1 carcass of rotisserie chicken
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/4 cup dried orzo pasta
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Shred the meat off the rotisserie chicken and set aside.
Take a pot and add your rotisserie chicken carcass, onions, garlic and bouillon cube. Add water and make sure the water is covering the chicken.
Bring to a boil, then turn to low and let simmer in a soft boil for about one hour.
Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste and red pepper flakes with shredded rotisserie chicken.
Add pasta and let pasta cook through.
Taste for seasoning.
Turn off heat and add fresh spinach and lemon juice. Stir and serve.