Slow Cooker Saffron Rice
Saffron. Just the name brings out images and flavors of decadence, earthiness, bright colors of the East, and luxury.
This recipe for Saffron Rice was made in the slow cooker, but can also be easily made over the stove-top or in a rice cooker.
The ingredients are Momma Cuisine one-two steps. Simple, easy to find and easy to make. The most expensive thing on here is the Saffron threads that I found at Trader Joe's.
- 2 cups of Jasmine or long grain rice
- 4 cups of low sodium Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 small onion – diced
- Pepper to taste
Stir all the ingredients in the slow cooker (or rice cooker).
Cover and cook for 3 hours.