Tuna Poke from SPiN Chicago
You may think of ping pong as the sport you played as a kid, but this also means you haven’t been to SPiN, which provides fun for the whole family … parents and children alike! The ping pong social club co-founded by Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon is located in the heart of River North, offering an awesome (and chic!) place to pong around with family and friends while indulging in farm-to-table fare (and craft cocktails for the adults!).
I recently visited SPiN with my family for some fun pong play, followed by a delicious dinner for some refueling. Today, I’m sharing SPiN’s Tuna Poke with you – hope you enjoy!
Spin Chicago Tuna Poke
- Mini waffle cones
- 1 lb ahi tuna
- 1 ½ bunches of green onions, diced
- ¼ tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp truffle oil
- ½ granny smith apple, small diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro + loose cilantro leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut the ahi tuna into small (about ¼ inch) cubes
2. In a large bowl, mix the cubed tuna with the chopped green onions, black sesame seeds, toasted sesame oil, truffle oil, diced apple and chopped cilantro.
3. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste
4. Position mini waffle cones upright in a bowl with shaved ice
5. Using a large spoon or ¼ measuring cup, place the tuna mixture into a waffle cone and garnish with a cilantro leaf. Repeat to use the rest of the tuna mixture, making about a dozen servings.
6. Garnish each tuna poke cone with a cilantro leaf