Navigate @Chicago_Gourmet Weekend Like A Pro With @BonAppetit’s Editor-in-Chief Adam Rapoport
Navigate Chicago Gourmet Weekend Like A Pro Bon Appetit’s Editor-in-Chief Adam Rapoport
The nation’s premier culinary experience is back this weekend, September 26 – 28 and Bon Appétit’s Editor-in-Chief Adam Rapoport, a Chicago Gourmet veteran, shares his sage advice to help guide festival-goers through the weekend-long culinary heaven in Millennium Park. An expert in culinary, wine and mixology trends, Adam will be joined by the magazine’s Restaurant and Drinks Editor Andrew Knowlton as all eyes turn to Chicago for the epicurean extravaganza.
Here are Adam’s top five insider tips for navigating the weekend in delicious style.
1. Pack Your Sunscreen. You’re going to be eating, drinking and hanging out in the sun (yes, it’s going to be sunny) all day. Play it safe with SPF.
2. Explore. Reach beyond your boundaries, meet different chefs and try foods you haven’t tasted before. One of the great things about Chicago Gourmet is that the festival features restaurants from all across the country. So use your afternoon in Millennium Park to try all those restaurants you normally don’t get to.
3. Be Punctual. Be the nerd who gets there early. That way you can eat everything before everyone arrives, then hit your favorites for a second time.
4. Get Prepared. Know who’s going to be cooking and where, then map out a plan of attack. Download the official Chicago Gourmet app for Android and iPhone for the ultimate smartphone companion.
5. Learn Something New. Take your wine, beer and spirits cred up a notch by attending the interactive seminars. Your knowledge will dazzle all at your next dinner party.
ABOUT BON APPÉTIT
ABOUT CHICAGO GOURMET:
Now in its seventh year, Chicago Gourmet, the nation’s premier culinary experience aimed at promoting Chicago’s world-class culinary community, will take place September 26-28, 2014. It was created by the Illinois Restaurant Association (IRA) and the Anton Family Foundation to celebrate and honor both Chicago’s culinary achievements and the creative vision of the chefs, Master Sommeliers, and wine-, spirit-, and beer-makers who participate. It also spotlights Chicago as an international culinary destination via its unparalleled epicurean talent. For more information, please visit www.chicagogourmet.org and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information, please contact IMR
email@example.com | (312) 878-1222