Why is Olive Oil Good For Me?
Are you enjoying the REAL 100% Greek extra virgin olive oil?
Here's a little history on who we are and where we hope to go. We purchased our building in 1993 to supply companies in- and outside of Canada with a place to warehouse and ship their products from. We have had products from China, USA, England, The Netherlands and, of course, Canada. A couple of years ago, we decided to become a distributor for a number of different companies with the same philosophy as ourselves — to supply the world with products that are of the highest quality and, at the same time, reasonably priced. Loutraki Olive Oil is one of those high quality products that we distribute that has received numerous certificates and awards. Feel free to check out our website (www.vangaalendistributions.com). We would love to hear from you!
PRODUCT & ITS BENEFITS
ELEA Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) has many plusses: Gourmet Brand, Organic or non-organic, Kosher,
NON GMO, FDA certified, Cold Extracted, 100% Greek, 100% EVOO, unfiltered, Early harvest.
•ELEA Olive Oil can be consumed in the crude form without refining, thus conserving all its vitamins, essential fatty acids, and other nutrients
•Cell membranes contain fatty acids that are highly susceptible to free radical damage (oxidation). This damage produces lipid peroxides that can kill the cell. ELEA Olive Oil contains polyphenols, vitamin E, and other natural antioxidants that prevent this damage.
•Reduces cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, inhibits platelet aggregation, and lowers the incidence of breast cancer
•Appears to dramatically reduce the oxidation of LDL "bad" cholesterol, thereby preventing heart disease
•The antioxidants also add to the stability, shelf life, and flavour of the oil
"I received the shipment this afternoon and am thrilled with the quality of the product and very grateful that you helped me through the buying process. Many thanks!" -Sarah, Rhode Island, Jul 2016
A Healthy Recipe for an after school snack with ELEA
Yoghurt and Olive Oil Dip
7 tbsp Greek white yoghurt
2 tbsp ELEA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea salt to taste
Dash of pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
Sprinkle of chives or favourite herb
Your favourite fresh chopped vegetables
Mix the first 6 ingredients gently.
Fill a dish with fresh chopped raw vegetables lightly splashed with lemon.
Dip the veggies into the healthy yoghurt mix and enjoy a filling and delicious snack that adds energy and loads of antioxidants as extra benefits.
DID YOU KNOW?
ELEA can also be used as a base for cosmetics as in our Ms ELEA line.
"Thanks for your partnership with Elea and allowing those of us in the States to have access to honest to goodness quality olive oil." Dina, Rhode Island, Aug 2016
Why is olive oil good for me?
Olive oil, the world’s most commonly eaten mono-unsaturated oil, has been enjoyed for many thousands of years around the Mediterranean. Not only does it taste good, but there is a mass of evidence that a diet based on olive oil can promote longer life and may prevent some of the diseases associated with our usual western eating pattern.
In recent years, medical researchers have turned their attention to the virtues of the Mediterranean style of eating and to olive oil. On closer inspection, this ancient oil has proved to be more than just a source of mono-unsaturated fat. It is also a rich source of antioxidants—substances now attracting great scientific attention.
* Olive oil contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants that are not found in other oils.
* Epidemiological studies suggest that olive oil has a protective effect against certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium, and digestive tract. Research has revealed that the “type” rather than the “quantity” of fat seems to have more implications for cancer incidence. This could be related to oleic acid, which is the predominant mono-unsaturated fatty acid in olive oil.
* It has been demonstrated that the addition of olive oil to a diet that is not changed in any other way has a lowering effect on blood pressure.
* An olive oil rich diet is not only a good alternative in the treatment of diabetes; it may also help to prevent or delay the onset of the disease by preventing insulin resistance and its possible harmful implications by raising HDL "good" cholesterol, lowering triglycerides, and ensuring better blood sugar level control and lower blood pressure.
* Like all other fats and oils, olive oil is high in calories, which could suggest that it would contribute to obesity. However, evidence shows that there is less obesity among Mediterranean people, who consume the most olive oil in the world. It has been demonstrated that an olive oil rich diet leads to greater and long lasting weight loss than a low fat diet. Olive oil tastes good and it is a stimulus to eat vegetables.
* Olive oil bolsters the immune system against external attacks from microorganisms, bacteria or viruses. The fatty acids in olive oil are good allies in lowering important immunological parameters.
* Olive oil is also good for the stomach, hepato-bilary system, pancreas, and intestines. It helps with anti-aging, osteoporosis, cognitive function, and skin damage. It is also beneficial to consume olive oil during pregnancy and while breast-feeding.
"I tried the ELEA olive oil on a salad like you recommended and it tasted really, really good. Thanks for the suggestion." -Jennifer, Ontario ,Jul 2016
This is a paid advertisement.