Slow Cooker Saffron Rice
Saffron. Just the name brings out images and flavors of decadence, earthiness, bright colors of the East, and luxury.
The ingredients are Momma Cuisine one-two steps. Simple, easy to find and easy to make. The most expensive thing on here is the Saffron threads that I found at Trader Joe's.
- 2 cups of Jasmine or long grain rice
- 4 cups of low sodium Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 small onion – diced
- Pepper to taste
Stir all the ingredients in the slow cooker (or rice cooker).
Cover and cook for 3 hours.