Spicy Lemon Pasta with The Trotter Project Kitchen Sessions
Pasta is one of the meals that can be made with almost anything!
This episode of In the Kitch with Momma Cuisine is a special episode in partnership with The Trotter Project Kitchen Sessions series, helping to raise money and awareness to help underserved areas of Chicago. It's truly an honor to be asked to contribute to these causes and organizations. I hope that you visit their website and see what you can do to help our communities.
SPICY LEMON PASTA
- 1/2 box spaghettini pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghettini according to instructions and set aside.
- Add olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan.
- Then bring up heat to medium, stirring the garlic so that it doesn't burn.
- After about 3 minutes on medium heat, add the red chili flakes and saute together for about 1 minute.
- The oil will start to turn a nice red color.
- Add the lemon juice and kosher salt.
- Toss in the pasta and coat well with the spicy lemon sauce.
- Toss in the greens and turn heat off.
- Place pasta on a platter and add lemon zest and Parmesan zest as garnish.
- Serve hot or room temperature.